Happy Birthday 'Dunnknit Designs'
Hellooooo can you believe it? Dunnknit Designs is officially 'ONE' this week.
I know, I can hardly believe it myself. I've been working on all things Dunnknit Designs for such a long time and so much has happened over the last 12 months.
To celebrate I've been working on a Limited Edition collection just for the occasion as I really wanted to share something special with those of you who have supported me on my Merino Wool venture so far.
The 'LIMITED EDITION WINTER WHITE COLLECTION' consists of six items that I've made especially for the occasion and they are all 'One off's'. Some of the designs may look similar to items on the website but I have either made them to a different size or changed the design slightly but anyhow, I will not repeat these designs, hence the fact that they are all Limited Editions.
So what are they?
Well after a little tease in last week's blog, many of you kindly sent messages asking for more information. I have put out a few further teasers on Instagram and Facebook and I will continue to do so over the next few days but I just thought that I would give you lovely lot 'first dibs' at purchasing the items on the website. Well at least give you the heads up to know that the 'WINTER WHITE COLLECTION' will be available on the website as of next week. Oh and did I say that all six designs are Winter White? By that I mean 'Natural White' and they are of course all beautiful.
So here they are...... (I'll put all of the measurements and bargain prices on the website)
1. First up we have a new Small Blanket knitted in the classic stockinette stitch with a mustard yellow crocheted edge. (The colour combo of the season).
2. This is a giant Budworth Beanie Footstool. I've had a few requests for a giant footstool so I just went for it. This one was hard work and definitely won't be repeated!
3. Now for a couple of cushions. I love this dinky Knotty Cushion. It's a smaller version of the regular Knotty Cushion but made with Super-washed Merino Wool. (The most expensive and softest there is)
It even looks soft and squishy doesn't it?
4. I went to the opposite extreme on this one and super felted the wool to make if super hardy. Welcome to the Small Felted Cushion. This one has one of Dad's big and beautiful handmade buttons on it too!
5. Now for a couple of scarves. After all we're in super cosy scarf season now and it had to be done. I drew these designs up last year but simply ran out of time to make them before the season ended. Initially I was undecided as to whether I should make them for the website but I think I've enough designs to be going on with and wanted to keep these two as special Limited Editions.
This one is a new neck collar design that you can lie flat or it's substantial enough to stand up as a collar too. It's super soft and the best thing about Merino Wool scarves for me is the fact that they have the 'no itch' factor. I simply love the handmade Oak button.
6. And last but not least, the beautifully felted Chunky Crossover Scarf. I just couldn't resist and as for the giant handmade Oak button....well the picture says it all really. It's so squishy! (I do wish screens had feelavision)
Now for the best bit.
Not only are all six of these designs 'Limited Editions', as a special birthday treat from me to you as a big thank you for all of your support over the last 12 months, but they are going to be on the website for silly prices. (How's that for a tease?)
Now I had best get on with working on the website. (Yes I do that too!) The photographs and measurements are done. All that's left for me to do is list those beautiful prices and these beauties could be yours. They'll be up on the website next week I promise so I'll keep you posted!
You know where I am if you want to ask any questions. You'll find me via the contacts page on the website. I do my best to answer quickly.
That's it for this week.
I do hope you love my new 'WINTER WHITE LIMITED EDITION COLLECTION'. I'm off to celebrate.
Happy Weekend folks and thanks again!